Monday, September 23, 2013

I just read an article entitled "How to Get Flat Abs, Have Amazing Sex, and Rule the World in 8 Easy Steps". It's definitely worth reading in full, but here are some of my favorite parts

"Life might bump and bruise us, it may not always go the way we plan...but here's the thing: You are alive. Because you are alive, everything is possible."

"Gratitude is what makes what we have enough. Gratitude is the most basic way to connect with that sense of being an integral part of the vastness of the universe...it’s that sense of wonder and humility, contrasted with celebrating our connection to all of life."

"If the biggest thing we do in life is to extend love and kindness to even one other human being, we have changed the world for the better."

I whole-heartedly believe in the steps that the author describes:
  1. Stop believing your bullshit.
  2. Be happy now.
  3. Look at the stars. 
  4. Let people in.
  5. Stop with the crazy making.
  6. Learn to apologize.
  7. Practice gratitude. 
  8. Be kind
#'s 2, 7, and 8 are the ones that resonate with me the most. I may not always follow these steps because let's face it, we all have rough days and times where we get caught up in our own life. But each day, my goals are (and will continue to be) to focus on being happy, being kind, and showing those around me how grateful I am for them.

Just something to think about!

XOXO

1 comment: