I definitely identify myself as a sensitive person (maybe not highly sensitive because I didn't enough of the boxes on the self-test, but either way). And I can definitely relate to almost everything on this list. I wanted to share because I like how, in the full article, each of these habits is explained more thoroughly and points out the positives of these habits versus the negatives. I think knowing that you exhibit some of these habits isn't a bad thing, it just puts you more in tune with yourself.
There's also a self-test to see if you're a "highly sensitive person" which you can take here.
1. They feel more deeply.
2. They're more emotionally reactive.
3. They're probably used to hearing, "Don't take things so personally" and "Why are you so sensitive?"
4. They prefer to exercise solo.
5. It takes longer for them to make decisions.
6. And on that note, they are more upset if they make a "bad" or "wrong" decision.
8. Not all highly sensitive people are introverts.
9. They work well in team environments.
10. They're more prone to anxiety or depression (but only if they've had a lot of past negative experiences).
11. That annoying sound is probably significantly more annoying to a highly sensitive person.
12. Violent movies are the worst.
13. They cry more easily.
14. They have above-average manners.
15. The effects of criticism are especially amplified in highly sensitive people.
16. Cubicles = good. Open-office plans = bad.
Full article: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/26/highly-sensitive-people-signs-habits_n_4810794.html
No comments:
Post a Comment